Affordable Health Insurance in Kansas City
We'll help you navigate health care reform
If you’re confused by the new health insurance requirements, we can ease your mind. We’ll help evaluate your insurance options and subsidy eligibility. Best of all, because we’re locally owned and operated, we'll provide year-round personal service. Whether you need help with plan selection, finding an in-network doctor, or filing a claim, we’ve got you covered.
Purchasing insurance can be overwhelming. We're licensed and certified to enroll individuals through the government Health Insurance Marketplace (healthcare.gov).
Our experts will help you purchase the right product at the right price.
You won't be charged a fee or have a premium increase for using an enroller. We'll simply walk you through your options, budget considerations, and the enrollment process.
What you need to apply for coverage*
To make the best use of your time, review our checklist for the information needed to start the enrollment process. The better equipped you are, the faster your enrollment experience.
- Number and cost of annual prescriptions for yourself or household
- Medical procedures planned
- Monthly budget for health insurance
If you think you're eligible for assistance to lower your health insurance costs, you'll also need:
- Social Security number
- Employer and income information (Ex: W-2 forms, paystubs)
- Cost of employer-sponsored coverage (if offered) for all household members
- Cost and policy number of other non-employer coverage
- If applicable, immigration status
*Additional information may be required depending on coverage eligibility.
All individual policies offered in or out of the Insurance Marketplace must meet specified levels of coverage. These metallic-level plans will offer similar benefits (called essential health benefits), but the percentage of costs paid by the plan will vary. A bronze plan will pay, on average, 60% of all plan costs; a platinum plan will pay 90%.* The plan value you select affects premium costs as well as copay and coinsurance values.
How do you know which plan is best for you?
There are a number of factors to consider when enrolling in a qualified health plan. Someone with a limited monthly budget may be more concerned about monthly premium costs than copay and deductible amounts. The bottom line: You need to consider how much you can afford, and how often you'll need services that are covered by health insurance.
Our licensed trained enrollment specialists will ask the questions that will help you determine which plan best fits your needs.
What are Essential Health Benefits?
Regardless of the metallic level plan you select, the following services must be covered.
- Ambulatory patient services (outpatient care you get without being admitted to a hospital)
- Emergency services
- Maternity and newborn care (care before and after your baby is born)
- Mental health and substance-use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment (this includes counseling and psychotherapy)
- Prescription drugs
- Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices (services and devices to help people with injuries, disabilities, or chronic conditions gain or recover mental and physical skills)
- Laboratory services
- Preventive services and chronic disease management
- Pediatric services
*Actuarial value is a reflection of what a carrier pays for health benefits for all members enrolled in a particular plan. It is not an actual percentage of how much a plan will pay for a specific individual.
You may be eligible for a subsidy, a premium tax credit, that can immediately lower your cost for health insurance. Subsidy eligibility is based on your household income.
If you need assistance with the calculator or interpreting how the tax credit works, call us. We have a team of qualified enrollment specialists who can help.
Still working? Medicare solutions are not just for the retired. Many adults are actively working beyond age 65 and a Medicare option could be more advantageous than employer-sponsored coverage. Our enrollment specialists have the knowledge to help you evaluate whether a Medicare Advantage or a Medicare Supplement and Part D coverage make more sense for your needs and budget.
Before calling, have this important information available:
- Cost of current employer coverage, if applicable
- Prescription(s) name, dosage and frequency
- Medicare ID number
- Effective date of Medicare Part A & B
Whatever your insurance and investment needs, Bukaty Companies can help. We have products and services to protect your health and financial future.
- Recreational vehicles
- Investment properties
- Investment planning
- Estate planning
- Retirement planning